Key Issues / Health Coverage and the Uninsured / Rates on a Roller Coaster: A Look at Colorado's 2016 Individual and Small Group Insurance Premiums
Rates on a Roller Coaster: A Look at Colorado's 2016 Individual and Small Group Insurance Premiums
This is a Colorado Health Institute analysis of the 2016 health insurance rates approved by the state's Division of Insurance, which will rise an average of seven percent next year compared with a 1.2 percent hike in 2015.
Some of CHI’s takeaways include:
- The individual market is driving the increase.
- The small group market is seeing smaller hikes.
- Prices are heading higher nationally, too.
- Location matters when it comes to health insurance.
- There’s still competition, even with Colorado Health OP’s departure.
- Marketplace rates are heading higher.