Key Issues / Legislation and Policy / Colorado's Vision for Health: A Colorado Health Institute Analysis
Colorado's Vision for Health: A Colorado Health Institute Analysis
- fact sheet
Governor John Hickenlooper unveiled his plan for improving Colorado’s health, promising to reinforce ambitious efforts to make Colorado the healthiest state in the nation.
“The State of Health” is the first overarching health-related vision statement issued by the governor since he took office in 2011. It elevates health to one of his top priorities and boosts the work underway by many groups across the state.
CHI's analysis summarizes the report and identifies five questions to address if Colorado is to achieve its goal of becoming the healthiest state. The five questions include:
- How can Colorado make sure that the state's hardest-hit communities will get the needed attention - and resources?
- How can these new goals best work with existing state and federal health reform efforts?
- Will Colorado invest in what contributes to health?
- Will we know if we are making progress?
- How can Colorado share what works locally?