Key Issues / New Models of Health Care / Colorado State Innovation Model (SIM)
Colorado State Innovation Model (SIM)
- Colorado SIM Application
- State Health Innovation Plan
- Providers Meeting One
- Providers Meeting Two
- Providers Meeting Three
Colorado is involved in an extraordinary undertaking: bringing experts from across the state to develop a vision to transform our health care system. Funded by a $2 million State Innovation Model (SIM) pre-testing award, the goal is to build an innovative and integrated vision of health care that will guide our efforts for years to come. The process depends on the contributions of stakeholders from across the spectrum of health care.
The Colorado Health Institute has been honored to serve on the SIM management team.
The work kicked off Wednesday, May 29, 2013, with a stakeholder meeting at the History Colorado Center. By fall, Colorado submitted its State Health Innovation Plan. Then work began on an application for funding to test Colorado's model of innovation, which focuses on integrating physical and behavioral health in primary care practices and other locations and extending health through community public health organizations.
Presentation: To download the presentation given at the event, click here.
Below are some background materials and resources:
- "Behavioral Health Integration: An Essential Elementof Population-based Healthcare Redesign" - July 2012
- "Lexicon for BehavioralHealth and Primary Care Integration" - Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), April 2013
- "New Approaches to Paying for Health Care” - Colorado Health Institute and the Center for Improving Value in Health Care, July 2012
- New in June 2013: "Ten Frequently Asked Questions about Colorado's SIM Grant."