Put on the coffee and tune in for the latest in health policy from your friends at the Colorado Health Institute.
Eggheads, our monthly webinar series, serves up the latest CHI research each month. We invite you to join us. Come with questions for our analysts, or just watch as we unscramble a hash of health policy.
Our mission at CHI is to improve the health of all Coloradans through independent research, analysis, and insight that support sound policies and decisions. We aim to make our research broadly accessible and useful, and the Eggheads webinar series is one more way for us to participate in efforts to improve the health of Coloradans.
April Eggheads: Solutions to Strengthen Colorado's Youth Mental Health Ecosystem
Join us April 20, at 8 a.m.
Colorado’s youth face unprecedented mental health challenges. It's hard to know where to start fixing the problem. The Colorado Health Institute and Gary Community Ventures have reviewed the state's mental health system to find most urgent gaps to fill. Join us to hear our findings, which were informed by high school-aged youth, parents and caregivers, educators, service providers, advocates, and other community partners.
Start your day with a healthy serving of data and policy.
Register for the April 20 webinar.
March Eggheads: Two Timely Topics - Child Care and Prescription Drug Costs
February 23, 2023: Colorado's 2023 Health and Climate Policy Agenda
- Colorado's Health and Climate Policy Agenda: A Call to Action to Protect Our Communities from Climate Change
- Think Globally, Adapt Locally: Colorado Counties Health and Climate Index
- Colorado Health Institute: Colorado's Climate and Colorado's Health: Examining the Connection
- KP CHN Data Platform
January 26, 2023: The Three Ds of Data Equity: Dashboards, Disaggregation, Democratization
- Principles for Advancing Equitable Data Practice (urban.org)
- What race are Middle Eastern, North African people? U.S. government says white: NPR
- Racial Equity Will Not Be Achieved Without Investing in Data Disaggregation
- Disaggregating Race/Ethnicity Data Categories: Criticisms, Dangers, And Opposing Viewpoints
- Colorado Health Access Survey Data Dashboard
October 27, 2022: Integrating Systems of Care
- Colorado Regional Health Connectors
- Colorado State Innovation Model
- Behavioral Health Task Force Full Report (including financial map appendices)
- The Metro Denver Partnership for Health (MDPH) and the MDPH Interoperable Social-Health Information Exchange Initiative
September 15, 2022: Partnering With Communities to Advance Health: MDPH's Ambassador Programs
August 25, 2022: Providing Care for a Diverse Colorado: Findings from the Colorado Health Access Survey
July 21, 2022 Eggheads — Think Globally, Adapt Locally: Colorado Counties Health and Climate Index
- The 2022 Health and Climate Index Report
- Health and Climate Index Story Maps
- Learn more about CHI's Acclimate work.
May 19, 2022 Eggheads Under the Dome
- Read a helpful summary about what was contained in the fentanyl bill from The Colorado Sun and CHI's report on the dramatic increase in fentanyl overdose deaths in Colorado.
- Learn more about the Primary Care Payment Reform Collaborative.
- Track funds from the American Rescue Plan Act.
- Find detailed information about the bills we discuss in this webinar on the Colorado General Assembly website.
April 21: 2022 Health Agenda: Climate and Health
- CHI's Acclimate Colorado focus and our past climate work
- Analysis on the health impacts of poor air quality, wildfires, rising temperatures, and flooding
- Reports: 2019 Health and Climate Index; Sustainability in Health Care
March 15: Minding What Matters: Taking Stock of Colorado's Investments in Behavioral Health
- Data: 2021 Colorado Health Access Survey
- Blogs: Language Matters for Access to Health Care in Colorado; Uncovering the Social Influences on Mental Health
- Reports: Stigma and Systemic Barriers: Why Mental Health Care is Not the Same for Everyone; Resilience and Protective Factors: Avenues to Improving Mental Health and Reducing Disparities
February 17: Making the Connection: The Value of Interoperable Social Health Information Exchange
- Learn more about CHI's work with partners on Social Health Information Exchange in Colorado
- Read a 2021 white paper about S-HIE
- View a recording of the webinar:
January 20, 2022: Colorado's Health Information Technology Roadmap
December 16, 2021: 2022 Legislative Preview
September 17, 2021: Missed Care During COVID-19
July 15, 2021: COVID-19 Rates by Census Tract; American Rescue Plan Financial Map
Links: Census Tract Maps | ARPA Funding Map
June 17, 2021: Legislative Session Review
Links: 2021 Legislation in Review
May 20, 2021: COVID Vaccine Maps | Health Disparities in Older Adults
Links: COVID Maps | Older Adults