Managing Director of Marketing and Communications
Kristi Arellano joined the Colorado Health Institute as Managing Director of Marketing and Communications in October 2019. She leads a team of writers, editors, and designers focused on positioning CHI and ensuring its work is clear, concise, and visually compelling.
Before joining CHI, Kristi served as Director of Communications for the Boettcher Foundation, a $300-million philanthropic foundation whose funding priorities include college scholarships and biomedical research. As the foundation’s first communications director, Kristi led a rebranding effort to reposition the foundation for increased impact and launched several new communications channels, including an alumni engagement effort. Prior to that, Kristi spent 13 years at The Denver Post in roles ranging from Real Estate Reporter to Business Editor.
Kristi grew up in Pueblo and attended the University of Denver as a Boettcher Scholar. She serves on the board the Dumb Friends League and is a meal delivery driver for Project Angel Heart.
- 2021 Colorado Health Access Survey Storybook: Navigating Uncharted Waters - The Pandemic, Health, Coverage, and Care in Colorado
- The Anti-Hunger Community Toolkit
- Fear and Missing Out: New Data Quantify Impact of Coronavirus Pandemic on Coloradans' Health Care Visits in 2020
- Options and Opportunities: An Analysis of Colorado's Veterans Who Are Eligible but Not Enrolled in VA Health Care
- The Value of Telemedicine During the COVID-19 Response
- Root Causes
Skills: Strategic communications, branding and positioning, media relations, writing and editing, social media