Chrissy Esposito is a Policy Analyst at the Colorado Health Institute with expertise in qualitative, quantitative, and geospatial analysis. She conducts complex needs assessments, facilitation, and evaluation. Chrissy is Vice Chair of the Denver Commission on Aging and leads CHI's aging and long-term care portfolio. Her additional focus areas include environmental health and veterans' health.
Chrissy led CHI's analyses for Closing the Care Gap, a report for the NextFifty Initiative outlining opportunities for employers to support and grow Colorado’s direct care workforce and Policy Recommendations to improve early diagnosis and lower the risks of Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias (ADRD) for the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment. She was lead author on Options and Opportunities: An Analysis of Colorado’s Veterans Who Are Eligible for but Not Enrolled in VA Health Care. and has coauthored numerous reports that assess the local impact of climate change on human health, including: Colorado's Health and Climate Policy Agenda; Think Globally, Adapt Locally: Colorado Counties Health and Climate Index; Global Issue, Local Risk, CHI’s Health and Climate Index; and Colorado's Climate and Colorado's Health.
She earned a master’s degree in public health from the Colorado School of Public Health at Colorado State University. While at CSU, Chrissy interned at the Geospatial Centroid, where she supported graduate students, professors, and unaffiliated clients working on geospatial projects. Her graduate research involved collaborating with the Boulder County Public Health Department and performing a retrospective spatial and temporal analysis of West Nile Virus in Boulder County. She holds a bachelor’s degree in geography with a focus in geospatial and environmental analysis from Virginia Tech.
When not working hard for CHI, Chrissy enjoys volunteering for Project Angel Heart, doing the New York Times Sunday Crossword, and going on running adventures in the mountains with husband, son, and dogs.
- Colorado's Health and Climate Policy Agenda, co-author
- Policy Recommendations to Improve Early Diagnosis and Risk Reduction of ADRD and Related Comorbidities, lead author
- Think Globally, Adapt Locally: Colorado Counties Health and Climate Index, co-author
- Options and Opportunities: An Analysis of Colorado’s Veterans Who Are Eligible for but Not Enrolled in VA Health Care, lead author
- Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Lead to Worse Health Outcomes Among Colorado's Aging Population
- Preparing the Path: A Needs Assessment of Colorado’s Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Workforce
- Climate Change Forces Local Leaders to Brace for Flooding
- Fire Years, Not Fire Seasons
- Colorado's Climate and Colorado's Health
Skills: Conducting needs assessment, evaluation, facilitation, geospatial analysis
- Aging services and support, older adults, long-term services and supports
- Environmental health, including climate change
- Geospatial analytics